The Haynes Manual is one of publishing's most famous and enduring technical marques. More than 200 million copies have been sold, covering everything from the Austin A35 through the Imperial Death Star Manual to the Zombie Survival Manual. Now Haynes is sending itself up in a fabulously amusing and brilliantly-observed new format.
Haynes Explains are mini guides to four major stages of life: babies, teenagers, marriage and pensioners. Based on their classic stripdown and rebuild outline, and using original Haynes lines drawings, these books are perfect gifts for weddings, anniversaries or Christmas.
The aim of Haynes Explains Marriage is to help you get the best value from your relationship. It can help you (1) decide what work must be done (2) tackle this work yourself, though you may choose to have much of it performed by external contractors such as the local pizza delivery company, the garage that sells just-on-the-right-side-of-dodgy flowers, or (failing those) your local Relate counsellor.
- That New Car Smell (the honeymoon period). Honeymoon (n): the last holiday a man has before he starts working for a new boss.
- Depreciation (how endearing habits become annoying).
- Crash Test Ratings (arguments and how to handle them).
- Backseat Drivers (when the in-laws come to stay). It's important to retain a soft spot for your mother-in-law. About halfway down the garden between the shed and the compost heap is ideal.
- Aerodynamics & Drag (keeping the marriage fresh).
Pillow torque, spare tyres, and the do's and don'ts for marriage are all covered in this personalised 'technical' manual.
The perfect wedding, engagement or anniversary gift, this manual is personalised throughout with both names of the couple at the top of each page and can include a message from you (cheeky or otherwise) on the opening page.
- Partner's Name 1 (typically the Bride) 12 characters max.
- Partner's Name 2 (Typically the Groom) 12 characters max.
- Message Line 1 (appears on preface page) 40 characters max. [optional]
- Message Line 2 (appears on preface page) 40 characters max. [optional]
Dimensions: 151mm x 202mm x 8mm
Read the Manual